At the market, we used canned beans as noted in the recipe. But, you can always buy Baer’s Best Beans locally grown and dried legumes that Farmer Dave’s carries for our friends Charley and Carol Baer and cook them yourself. No soaking necessary! Click HERE for how to quickly and easily cook your own beans.
White Bean and Garlic Scape Dip
- ⅓ cup sliced garlic scapes (3 to 4)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, more to taste
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt, more to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained or two cups that you cook yourself
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, more for drizzling
In a food processor, process garlic scapes with lemon juice, salt and pepper until finely chopped. Add cannellini beans and process to a rough purée.
With motor running, slowly drizzle olive oil through feed tube and process until fairly smooth. Pulse in 2 or 3 tablespoons water, or more, until mixture is the consistency of a dip. Add more salt, pepper and/or lemon juice, if desired.
Spread out dip on a plate, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with more salt.