Berry Kale Salad
- 1 bunch of kale, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup berries (slice if using strawberries)
- 2 T granola
Put thinly sliced kale in a large bowl. Add a little of the lemon juice, oil and salt and massage with hands until kale softens.
In a small bowl, whisk the remaining lemon juice with honey and pepper. Whisk in oil until dressing forms.
Pour dressing over the kale and add the berries. Adjust seasonings and add some of the mandarin juice if a sweeter salad is desired. Sprinkle with the granola before serving.
You can also instead or in addition to use this scrumptious dressing that take just a few minutes to make:
Easy Strawberry Vinaigrette
- 1 pint of fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider or rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Blend strawberries, honey, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, salt, and black pepper together in a blender until smooth. And immersion blender works well, also. Try adding some feta cheese as shown in the photo.